Photo of the firm's office exterior

Post-Divorce Modifications or Enforcement of Decrees

Sometimes your ex or the parent of your child does not comply with the past court orders, whether received through a dissolution, divorce, or other court proceedings. You may find a letter from an attorney is all it takes to prompt compliance. You may find you have to file a contempt action to ask the court to enforce your past court orders.

Especially when it comes to children, you may find your past court orders no longer work. If you and the other parent cannot agree to adjustments to the parenting terms, you can modify the past orders through a court proceeding. A good attorney will evaluate the likelihood the court will agree with your modifications before you take the time and cost to request the changes.